Executive Chief Nurse: The Role
As Executive Chief Nurse you will be accountable to the Chief Executive.
Westmorland General Hospital (but will be required to operate out of all Trust sites)
Job purpose and summary
The Executive Chief Nurse will be a visible, inclusive and collaborative leader, ensuring delivery of the Trust’s vision to provide the highest possible standards of compassionate care; the very best patient and colleague experience; and to listen to and involve patients, colleague and carers.
They are the executive lead for quality and safety and will provide strategic advice to the Trust Board on issues relating to patient safety and experience, infection prevention and control, clinical governance and safeguarding. They will provide expert advice to the Board on clinical issues, governance and risks in the context of the Trust’s strategic aims and objectives, including opportunities to develop non-medical professional roles and responsibilities.
They will provide professional and clinical leadership to all nursing, midwifery, allied health professional and non-medical healthcare professional colleagues across the Trust.
They have primary responsibility for:
- Clinical and professional leadership of nurses, midwives, allied health professionals and other non-medical professional colleagues
- Patient experience, quality and safety
- Patient, service user and carer engagement
- Clinical and corporate governance
- Infection Prevention & Control (as DIPC)
- Safeguarding Children & Adults
- Enhanced Support Programme, supporting rapid quality improvement of services