Chief People Officer
Division: Central Functions
Job Title: Chief People Officer
Location: Executive Suite, Royal Stoke
Managerially accountable to: Chief Executive
Professionally accountable to: Chief Executive
People Directorate teams including Organisational Development, Counselling, Recruitment and Medical Staffing, Occupational Health, Trust Board, Executive Team, Senior Managers, local and regional trade union representatives, national, regional and local NHS organisations, ICB, a range of external professional education and research institutions, consultancies and solicitors.
As a Director of the Trust Board, you will fully participate in the corporate management of the Trust, to contribute to the development of the Trust’s strategic direction and ensure values and objectives are attained:
- To lead the development and delivery of strategies relating to workforce and organisational development, equality, diversity & inclusion and all aspects of employment. Ensuring these link into other Trust strategies and are aimed at enhancing clinical care and outcomes.
- To provide workforce advice to the Trust Board, ensuring the Trust complies with its legal and social obligations to employees.
- To provide transformational leadership of the Trust’s people function, implementing the people strategy and leading on a long-term people strategy in line with the NHS People plan and the future of HR and OD national review.
- To be fully accountable for all workforce, cultural and organisational practice, design and development (from workforce planning and talent management to learning and OD and employee relations), providing professional leadership to the executive and supporting the Board in respect of its responsibilities as an employer, as well as strategic Human Resources and Organisational Development advice to the Board.
- To shape and implement the strategic direction of the Trust through the introduction, development and maintenance of leading edge People practices.
- To work with system partners and peers to ensure alignment and integration of services where this makes sense to ensure worforce plans and strategies deliver Trust and system aspirations.