Joint Chief Executive: The role
As Joint Chief Executive you will be accountable to:
- Chair and Board of Directors of Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust (DHC)
- Chair and Board of Directors of Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (DCH)
- NHS Dorset Integrated Care Board (ICB) Chair as a partner member of the ICB Board
Remuneration to be confirmed but will be fair, competitive and commensurate with the scale and nature of the role.
Job purpose and summary
- As the Accountable Officer for each of DCH and DHC, be responsible for all aspects of the performance of DCH and DHC and ensure that each Trust meets its statutory requirements and service obligations as set out in its provider licence
- Support improvement in and better integration of care for patients and the local population through greater collaboration between DCH and DHC including a preventative approach to wellbeing and ill-health, delivery of care where it is needed and improved outcomes across mental and physical health services
- Provide vision, direction and overall leadership to the Trusts, ensuring high quality care, robust clinical governance and operational effectiveness are in place and aligned to strategic ambitions and priorities
- Ensure all services meet the changing needs of our population and demands of the external environment
- Demonstrably promote collaborative and partnership working within, between and external to the Trusts with a range of partners, agencies and organisations from related sectors
- Ensure the highest standards of governance are met
- Promote a culture of collaboration and improved system working with partners at all levels.